9 Easy Morning Habits to Boost Your Energy
I hope your day is off to a good start!
Did you know we are in a personal energy crisis? Studies show that most adults feel tired at least three days a week, and some of us even feel tired every day.
I’m going to be focusing a lot this month on how you can actually CREATE more personal energy.
And I’m kicking it off with a completely achievable list of ways you can set yourself up for a high-energy day.
The best part is that none of these suggestions will take you a long time … and they actually WORK!
9 Easy Morning Habits to Boost Your Energy:
1. Don’t hit the snooze button. Dozing for a few extra minutes can actually make you feel more tired and less focused during the day because it short-circuits your ability to get a full sleep cycle.
2. Drink a big glass of water. Being even a little bit dehydrated can make you feel tired, and after going an entire night without water your body needs it! And while you’re at it …
3. Splash your face with cold water … or take a cold shower. This will really wake you up! Cold water is invigorating and it can trigger your body to send out endorphins, which are feel-good hormones.
4. Take a BIIIIIG stretch. Did you know that when you are in REM sleep, your skeletal muscles are actually paralyzed? This is just one reason why stretching when you wake up feels so good – plus, it can stimulate your body to release more of those endorphins.
5. Eat a healthy, low-sugar breakfast. Research shows that skipping breakfast can affect your performance later in the day. Skip the donuts/muffins/bagel and instead go for lean proteins (eggs or tofu), veggies and/or fruits, whole grains, and healthy fats.
6. Get some sunshine. Not only is it energizing in the moment, but it also helps your body create energy-promoting vitamin D. Plus, it helps regulate your hormones to improve your sleep at night.
7. Do something fun or energizing. Listen to your favorite music or upbeat podcast, work out, try a morning meditation – whatever appeals to you!
8. Drink a cup of coffee or green tea (but not more). Overdoing it in the morning can actually make you feel drained later in the day!
9. Wake up after 7-8 hours of quality sleep. This email would be too long if I listed off all the reasons why getting a good night of sleep is vital to your health (and energy!). Make sure you go to bed early enough so this is a possibility.
It’s the small, consistent actions you take every day that adds up to big results.
That’s why we focus on creating small healthy habits with our clients … because it’s the CONSISTENCY that matters the most!
If you’re like most people and have noticed your energy levels dragging throughout the day … let’s connect so see how we can help.
Committed to your health,
Titan Fitness & Tanning
Make sure to LIKE, COMMENT, AND SHARE if you found this helpful.